Proven Remedies To Help You Get Soft feet
Cracked and dry feet are not sexy and attractive at all as they can drastically spoil your overall look and appearance. Especially if you are the kind of person who likes wearing open shoes or strappy sandals, rough looking feet can be really embarrassing. The big and outstanding question here is: How to Get Soft Feet. Even though some of us deal with this issue on a daily basis, for others it can be seasonal. But regardless whether this is an all-time problem or a seasonal problem, you just can’t ignore it. So, for those who love rocking in strappy sandals and open shoes but your crusty toes, feet and nails are your biggest obstacle, you need to read this post. Because what we are about to share is not only women-centric but can benefit the men as well from these tips on how to get soft feet.
Skin is usually exposed to harsh conditions on a daily basis from wind and sun rays to drying soaps and chemicals. The most exposed areas being the hands and feet that they end up developing cracks and drying. This normally happens in the winter period where your skin become hardened and stressed from the dry-cold air. To avoid this problem or to rectify it, you need to enroll to a weekly smoothening routine that involves the use of natural and healthy ingredients and also the use of callus remover gels and electric callus removers.
Home Remedies to Smoothen and Soften Your Feet
The first step to eliminating feet dryness is by adopting a daily foot care routine that integrates scrubbing off dead skin cells, cutting of nails and cleansing.
How to do it
- Soak your feet in warm soapy water for about 15 to 20 minutes. This helps to soften your skin thereby making it easy to scrub off the hardened skin cells on the heels of your feet.
- Scrub off the dead cells in your skin using a pumice stone. Although the recommended device to scrub is an electric callus remover.
- Finally, wipe your feet with cold-clean wear and rinse them dry with a towel.
- Cut your nails, if you have to. It’s good to avoid rounding the edges as this can cause an ingrown toenail.
- Having done that, moisturize your feet by using some foot cream or lotion before wearing a pair of socks overnight. The best cream to use is the callus remover gel.
- Repeat this process on a daily basis, until your feet start reflecting their inner beauty. Afterward, you can be doing it once every week
Use of Turmeric and Milk Foot Scrub
This method has been recommended by many and even some vouch to its effectiveness in softening hands and feet.
- Add a half glass of cool milk and a quarter teaspoon of fine turmeric powder.
- Stir it properly till it forms a uniform solution and then slather it over your feet and hands.
- Let it settle on your feet for about 10 minutes and rinse it off and then pat your feet dry.
Alternatively, you can mix one tablespoon of fresh milk with half teaspoon of lemon juice, quarter turmeric powder and half teaspoon of sugar. Slather the mixture on your entire feet and allow it ten minutes before washing it off with warm water.
Glycerin has been found to contain moisturizing action that makes it very effective in eliminating cracks and dryness in your feet. How to use glycerin to soften your feet
- Mix freshly squeezed lemon juice and glycerin in the ratio of one is to one.
- Slather this mixture on your feet and allow it to stay on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it with water and dry your feet.
- Repeat this remedy on a daily basis for a couple of weeks and those rough and ugly heels will be a thing of history.
Natural Remedies for Dried Heels and Feet
If you like it natural, below are some of the most commonly used natural home remedies for dry heels and feet.
The slightly acidic nature of lemon juice makes it a great home softening remedy. It helps to remove and soften the dry-dead skin cells that have accumulated on the skin. Consider the following options when using this natural home remedy.
- Cut your lemon into two halves and dip one-half in the sugar and use it to scrub the dry are on your feet and hands in a circular motion. Repeat this on a daily basis.
- Get some freshly squeezed lemon juice and pour it into warm water. Soak your feet in the solution for 10 to 15 minutes and then scrub your feet gently using an electric callus remover or a soft brush.
- Cut a lemon into two halves and then squeeze the juice out. Mix it with a tablespoon of olive oil and five tablespoons of sea salt. Apply this mixture to your entire feet and allow it to settle there for about 15 minutes before rinsing with warm water. For best results, repeat this 2 to 3 times a week.
The rich moisturizing and soothing properties of coconut oil make it one of the most effective home remedies for dry heels and feet. Besides, it has antifungal and antimicrobial properties that can help fight foot odor.
- Start by cleansing your feet with warm-soapy water.
- After that dry your feet and then generously apply the coconut oil to them.
- Gently massage your feet and then wear a clean pair of socks overnight.
- In the morning, rinse your feet with warm-soapy water.
- Repeat this treatment on a daily basis until your feet start softening.
You can use olive oil in the same manner as coconut oil.
For those who have developed calluses, there are callus remover gels and electric callus removers that are very effective. You can use the electric callus reviews online and search for a callus remover that will suit your needs. The tips above on how to get soft feet are for the people who are not allergic to the ingredients and products mentioned above.
For those people that have circulatory problems and are diabetic, it is important to make sure that the cracks in your heels are removed. Because of poor circulation, oxygen doesn’t get into cracks that can develop into wounds and cause an infection.